Curved Blade™ design
Two 0.02 in curved apertures create 388mph⁶ blades of air that follow the contours of your hands, removing more water, in less time.
Hygienically dries hands with cleaner air
The HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles,⁴ including bacteria and viruses, from the air and is NSF-approved.
Our quietest⁵ Airblade™ hand dryer yet
Acoustically engineered to minimize restroom noise.
A power mode to suit your washroom
Switch between two power modes on one machine. Max mode for busy areas of high footfall or Eco mode for energy-efficiency and acoustic control.
Fast hand drying in 10 seconds
Our powerful digital motor spins at 75,000 rpm to shift 6.1 gallons of air per second,⁶ for a 10-second¹ dry time in Max mode.
The Dyson Airblade 9kJ hand dryer produces up to 85% less CO₂ emissions⁷ than single-use paper towels and costs up to 99% less to run.³ Creating a better environment in your restrooms and the world outside.
The Dyson Airblade 9kJ hand dryer has been awarded the Quiet Mark certification by the Noise Abatement Society.
All Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers are certified by the Carbon Trust.
10 seconds¹ Max mode / 12 seconds¹ Eco mode
900w Max mode / 650w Eco mode
Motor switching rate
5,000 per second Max mode / 4,533 per second Eco mode
Up to 75,000 rpm
Sound power level
79db(A) Max mode / 77db(A) Eco mode
6.1 gal/s Max mode / 5.3 gal/s Eco mode (LV)
100-127v (LV) 200-240v (HV)
Operation lockout period
99.97% of particles4, including bacteria and viruses
19.69 in (500 mm)
17.72 in (450 mm)
4 in (100 mm)
Frequently asked questions
How do the two power modes operate?
The power mode can be set at installation of the product to either Max or Eco mode. Max mode operates at 900W and delivers a 10-second dry time,¹ perfect for high footfall environments. Eco mode, operating at 650W, delivers a 12-second dry time¹ but uses only 9.1kJ of energy per dry and is better suited for locations such as offices. The power mode can be altered following install but would need removal from the wall to do so as the switch is not accessible externally.
How often should I clean this machine?
To ensure the machine performs to its best and remains hygienic, the Dyson Airblade 9kJ hand dryer should be cleaned daily. Please refer to the cleaning guide for further information.
Why choose Dyson for business
- 1 Dry time and energy consumption calculated for Max mode. Dry time was determined using Dyson test method 769 based on NSF P335 to a measurement of 0.1 g residual moisture.
- 2 Dry time determined using Dyson test method 769 based on NSF P335 using a measurement of 0.1g residual moisture.
- 3 Average electricity price $0.1/kWh as of May 2019. For calculations visit www.dyson.com/calcs
- 4 HEPA filter tested to IEST-RP-CC001.6, by an independent testing laboratory, under prescribed test conditions.
- 5 Average loudness (measured in sones) compared to Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers.
- 6 Measured in Max mode. Spins 68,000 times per minute drawing 5.3 gallons per second in Eco mode.
- 7 The environmental impact of electrical appliances and paper towels was measured by Carbon Trust. The calculations were produced using the software Footprint Expert Pro, based on product use over 5 years and using weighted averages of individual countries of use. Dry times for product were evaluated using DTM 769.