The Dyson warranty
All Dyson machines come with a hassle-free warranty.* This includes the repair or replacement and ongoing support of your machine. Additionally, you can register for a My Dyson account. Here you can access personalized guides, see your registered machine(s), track the length left on your warranty and more.
- Cordless vacuums
- Fans and heaters
- Purifiers and humidifiers
- Hair dryers
- Hair stylers
- Hair straighteners
- Corded vacuums
- Hand dryers
Dyson machines are engineered for continual high performance. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the warranty period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it, and we do so at no charge to you.
Includes batteries and select parts for the same length of time as your machine.
All of our repairs use genuine Dyson parts. If we can’t repair your machine, we’ll replace it for you.
What's not covered
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson warranty doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print.
As it has done for many years, Dyson is proud to provide all warrantied repairs, including all labor and parts necessary to ensure your product is in proper operating condition, during the warranty period. You may also choose to have your product repaired (at your own cost) through another repair shop that is not affiliated with or an authorized dealer of Dyson and doing so will not void this warranty, neither will the use of third-party parts with your product. However, any damages, costs, or repairs incurred as a result of, due to, or from repairs carried out by unauthorized third-party agents or using parts other than those produced by or recommended by Dyson will not be covered under this warranty.
- Purchases of machines from unauthorized dealers or seller
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
- Accidental damage
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate. Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
- Costs, damages or repairs incurred as a result of, due to, or from:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the Dyson machine which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual;
- Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components. A full range of genuine Dyson spares and accessories for all Dyson machines is available here.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorized agents.
The terms and conditions of a Dyson warranty are as follows:
- The warranty becomes effective at the date of purchase. Please retain your proof of purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your warranty will start 90 days after the date of manufacture, according to Dyson’s records.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorized agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under warranty will not extend the period of the warranty; however, your warranty will be extended for any time your machine is being repaired or retained for work being performed under the warranty.".
- The warranty provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Intentional cosmetic decoration or modification that may impact a product’s resale, refurbishment, restoration or usability may void the terms of your product’s warranty and the Dyson return policy.
Where is the Dyson warranty valid?
- The box in which the machine is sold will contain the valid warranty information for the the country in which it is sold
Troubleshooting and replacement parts
Don’t worry, whether you're in or out of warranty, we’re still on hand to help. The simplest and quickest way to solve a problem is through our online troubleshooting tool or by finding a replacement part. Alternatively you can contact us on the links below for help and advice.
How to claim
If troubleshooting hasn't resolved your issue, please call us at 844-705-4777 where our Dyson Experts are on hand to help you. From here, we'll decide whether you need a cost-free repair or replacement and let you know the next steps.