Hygienic hand drying
Dry with HEPA-purified air.
Not dirty air.
Fast, hygienic hand dryers.
Restroom air can contain microscopic particles, including bacteria and viruses
That’s why all Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers always use HEPA filters. Proven to capture 99.97% of particles,¹ including bacteria and viruses. And drying your hands with HEPA-purified air, not dirty air.
Fast, hygienic hand drying
Leaving a restroom with damp hands is likely to transmit up to 1,000 times more bacteria than dry hands.² So drying hands effectively is just as important as washing them.
Which is why Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers have a 10-14 second dry time,³ and are proven to reduce the transfer of bacteria on hands by up to 40%.⁴
Dry without heat, using HEPA-purified air
Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers have been proven to be as hygienic in drying hands as paper towels,⁵ but without the environmental damage or high usage costs.⁶
Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers only use high-power jets of HEPA-purified air to scrape water from your hands.
Proven hygienic by independent testing
All Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers undergo rigorous testing by Dyson. The impact of drying hands has been tested in universities and published in international journals. The Dyson Airblade V and dB hand dryers have NSF P335 certification. Dyson Airblade dB and Wash+Dry have HACCP industry certification for use in food preparation environments.
- 1 HEPA filter tested to IEST-RP-CC001.6, by an independent testing laboratory, under prescribed test conditions.
- 2 D. R. PATRICK, G. FINDON and T. E. MILLER: Residual moisture determines the level of touchcontact associated bacterial transfer following hand washing, Epidemiol. Infect. (1997): 119, 319-325.
- 3 Dry time determined using Dyson test method 769 based on NSF P335 using a measurement of 0.1g residual moisture.
- 4 Snelling et al. (2010) JAM.
- 5 Mutters & Warnes (2019) JHI.
- 6 For calculations visit www.dyson.com/calcs
- 7 Average electricity price $0.1/kWh as of May 2019. For calculations visit www.dyson.com/calcs